The University of Milan-Bicocca was built in a post-industrial area (the largest in Europe), where the Pirelli factory previously produced tyres and 25,000 blue-collar workers were employed. Today, the same grounds host 35,000 students. Milan-Bicocca is the newest public academia among the eight universities already existing in Milan.
The University of Milan-Bicocca was placed 55th in the ‘“Top 150 Under 50 Ranking 2017″, issued by the Times Higher Education. The research activity is carried out at 14 Departments and over 30 university and intra-university Research Centers where nearly 900 professors and researchers work and about 1500 young graduates in training (PhD students, post-graduates and research fellows), in collaboration with many important national and international companies. 17 PhD courses in 7 different disciplinary areas: a single PhD school to promote interdisciplinarity, multidisciplinary skills and international exchanges.
The University of Milan-Bicocca moves a new important step towards the East and presents its Confucius Hall, a dynamic educational and cultural on China, born from the collaboration between the University (in particular of the “Riccardo Massa” Department of Human Sciences for Education) and the Confucius Institute of the University of Milan. Thanks to the promotion of the Chinese language and culture, the Confucius Hall wants to be a meeting point for those in Bicocca who are interested in knowing and understanding with clear and authoritative style the multiple realities of China of yesterday and today. For information on the classroom activities: email@example.com.
Welcome to the “Riccardo Massa” Department of Human Sciences for Education
The “Riccardo Massa” Department of Human Sciences for Education is one of the fourteen Departments composing the National University of Milan-Bicocca, located in northern part of Milan and established in 1999. This Department wants to promote an idea of plural education from the beginning, attentive together with the reflective-interpretive moment as the experiential and more concrete one.
Furthermore, the Riccardo Massa department is an excellence in pedagogical research.
One of the many projects launched in this direction is the “Bambini Bicocca” crèche, which has been active since 2005. It is an inter-company nursery school promoted by the University of Milan-Bicocca in collaboration with Pirelli and stems from an agreement with the Municipality of Milan.
It is an experimental nursery school, followed by the Department of Human Sciences for Education “R. Massa” (scientific director Prof. Susanna Mantovani); promotes the active participation of parents and offers children a space where they can achieve first autonomy, feel confident in an extended and stimulating social environment, meet sensory, cognitive and expressive experiences such as music and the first scientific explorations. It is born and is also configured as a training laboratory for operators of educational services for children and is the training place for future educators.
What does the Department offer?
The Department offers 2 bachelor’s degree, 3 master’s degree, 1 single-cycle Master’s Degree Programmes and 2 doctoral degrees. The department also offers Masters, advanced courses, teacher training courses. The research areas are:
- Childhood, Family, Adult Education, Educational Services;
- School, Innovative Technologies and Didactics;
- Anthropology, Geography, History and Philosophy;
- Human Resources and Psychology;
- Oriental Languages, Literature, Linguistics and Communication.
Courses thaught in English
- Applied Linguistics (Prof. Da Milano) – Intercultural Communication
- Information Systems for Knowledge Management (Prof. Solidoro) – Human Resource
- Educational Robotics (Prof. Datteri) – Advanced Educational Sciences
- Culture and Societies of Africa (Prof. Bellagamba) – Anthropological and Ethnological Sciences
- Culture and Societies of Asia (Prof. Vignato) – Anthropological and Ethnological Sciences
- Medical Anthropology – Anthropological and Ethnological Sciences
Courses thaught at the Department
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Intercultural Communication
- Teacher Education – A five year University Degree in Primary and Pre-primary Education
- Master’s Degree in Anthropological Sciences
- Master’s Degree in Education
- Master’s Degree in Human Resource Development
For further information about the Department: Faculty and personnel.